Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Time to Make the Donuts

Or is it doughnuts? I suppose that's neither here nor there.

Jungle Golf is a mini golf course that's been around as long as I can remember. So when the local family business burned to the point of total loss, it made me really sad. I had the overwhelming desire to reach out to them and offer my help.

About a year ago I met with the manager, and saw first hand what had happened to the place. The putt-putt course was still mostly fine, but the game room and snack bar building had to be completely rebuilt. I learned that insurance wasn't going to cover everything they had invested. For instance, it would pay for the wall to be rebuilt, but not the murals that decorated it. 

I offered my services, of painting them a new mural, for the cost or materials. Finally a year later, they are at the point where they are ready for details like that.

I met with the manager again last week. Together we came up with a cool concept for a half wall. So this morning I will be playing around with some samples to figure out the easiest way to paint grass. Enough to cover a wall 4 X 47 feet.

I'm thinking airbrush. Is 5am too early to start the compressor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.