Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Joys of Life: Part 3

Thanks to all my readers who have shown great concern for my family.
The "Joys of Life" is a retelling of events that have already taken place.

Previously on The Joys of Life:
We learned a lot about our new roommates. The child is violent and undisciplined. The parents are probably drug addicts. And the Asshole has a real problem with women.

I am always amazed when I see people show such disrespect for other people. And watching these 2 is like watching bad reality TV. (OK, all reality TV is bad, but you get the point)

It only took a couple of days before Asshole felt comfortable enough to start moving shit around in our house. Apparently he thought my dishes were set up better his way. Uh... fat chance. I asked him "Are you the one who keeps moving my plates around?" "Yeah, I thought Kirsten was putting them away wrong." "No" I said "that's the way I want them, so knock it off."

How do you let your child sit on my couch watching TV eating my kids halloween candy at 9 o'clock at night? When you know my kids have to start getting ready for bed at 7:30 and we don't allow them to eat after that. My kids were quick to point out "That's not fair" and I had to agree with them. So the next day I told her "My girls said it's not fair, and they are right. He needs to follow the same rules as the girls."

How dare you teach my kids that they can hide snack in their room, after they have brushed their teeth for bed? When you know I am strict about all food staying in the kitchen! Mom and Dad will never know my ass!!! I am a mommy, I know EVERYTHING!

Then I heard of his plan to rewire something in the bedroom so they could put an AC unit in the window. You know, because when summer comes, it's going to get hot in there. I'm thinking to myself, 'Your not going to be here come summer!'

It's becoming clear to me that there are no intentions of getting a job. Any job!!! Despite my bringing home newspapers and letting her use the computer in my bedroom to search the internet. Despite our offer to fix up the other car and let them use that to get to work. Or my offers to drive him to fill out applications. Nope, when Kirsten found a job in the paper make $10 an hour, cash, his response was "Kirsten, I'm worth more than 10 dollars an hour. I mean really..." The tone of irritation in his voice I can't really convey here.

He is worth more than ten dollars an hour, but not worth more than living off his girlfriends family. Being homeless and unemployed. Not being able to provide food for his family, or Christmas gifts for his child. Being worth more than ten dollars an hour apparently means it's OK to take people for everything that they have.

And I know it may sound petty, but can I just mention the sugar. It probably takes my household a month or more to go through a 5 lb bag of sugar . The first week they were here, between the 2 of them, they ate 7 lbs of sugar. Um, OK. So I do my Saturday food shopping and get another 5lb bag. By Tuesday it was GONE and I had to get more. Before the next Saturday came around, that bag was gone too! So husband went and bought a 25 lb bag, threw it up on the counter, and told them "I got a present for you!" Who the fuck goes through 10 lbs of sugar in a week? Maybe a heroin addict, trying to deal with detox?

For those of you who don't know, my wonderful husband is a cabinet maker. Well, one day my lovely cabinet maker took off the tip of his finger with a router. He had to go to the hospital. He was prescribed vicodin for the pain. Someone came into my room at some point and stole some of his vicodin. We couldn't prove it, and there wasn't more than maybe 5 missing, so we let it go. We became more vigilant about locking our door, and hooked up the web cam to record our room when we were gone.


Hubby and I didn't get anything for Christmas. We scraped every last penny we had together so we could make sure Brian had a Christmas as good as our girls. I WAS NOT going to let my girls have gifts to open while he had none. And as I understood it, he would have none! He may be a pain in the ass, but he is still a child. I kept Kirsten informed about what we were getting him. I made him write a letter to Santa, so I would have an idea of what he wanted. I tried to get him what was on his list. Plus clothes and shoes. The boys shoes had holes in the bottoms. (Never mind that his father has a pair of Air Jordans, Nikes and Timberlands, all practically brand new.) Do you think it occurred to them to mention that Brian already had a pile of gifts from other family members? Not once did they say a thing.
Christmas morning comes along, and I woke up super early to find 3 piles of presents. One for each of my girls, and a huge pile of stuff for Brian. I prayed that the girls wouldn't notice. But everyone did. Everyone pointed out the fact that he had so much more than the girls. The girls got over it pretty quickly. I was so pissed. I scrambled to make sure everyone had the same. All his parents had to say to my girls was "Well you guys got bikes." Well yeah, they asked for bikes. He asked for a skateboard, which he got!!! Which I bought for him! And when all was said and done... Did anyone thank us for making sure Santa came for their kid? No. Instead, on Christmas day, they asked to borrow 20 bucks and were pissed the rest of the day when we wouldn't give it to them.

Hubby and I agreed to give them a place to stay. Not drive them back and forth to Philly whenever they needed. The Asshole had a Dr. appointment in Philly on Dec. 28th. At some point they asked my husband to take him for the appointment. I don't know what he said to them, I wasn't there. But I know we were in agreement. No, we can not afford to take him. That would require taking a day off of work, and paying for the trip. Costing us 250.00 bucks. HELL NO! Well she mentioned something about it to me, "When he takes Asshole to Philly... blah blah blah." I told her she needed to talk to my husband again because as far as I knew, he wasn't going to be able to take him. Did she do that? No.

They waited until 2 days before he had to be there, before they dealt with it. Then Asshole was super pissed because he wouldn't take him. Throwing himself around here. Bitchin about everything. Then they called my Mother in law, and asked to borrow the money for a bus to Philly. MIL told me the only reason she gave them the money is she was hoping he just won't come back. Then he was mad that he was going to have to pay her back. Like, hello, idiot. Cheaper to borrow 90 bucks from her than cost us 250.00 to take you. I think that all boiled down to, he wanted to bring more of his stuff back in the car. Oh fucking well.


Next time on The Joys of Life:
More pills come up missing
And the shit hits the fan.

4 comments:

  1. Well you are right about the sugar. It is a huge side effect of either meth or heroin. Neither of which, I assume, you want in your home. This is absolutely awful. I hope it ends with these "people" out of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have far more goodness and patience than I do...they'd be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Reading this actually makes me feel my BP rising. Gah!
    So sugar is another reason besides the meth that their teeth rot out? Sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this your sister and asshole-in-law or your husband's? I have a sister that is similar. The more you and your husband give these people a place to stay and money to get around (even $20) and rides back and forth the more they will take advantage. I had to tell my sister that her kids could stay but she and the boyfriend couldn't. I learned my lesson the hard way. Doing what you are doing might make you feel like you are doing them favors and helping them out, but they don't see it that way. It pulls at the heart strings but you gotta kick them out! I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.