Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Is Me Procrastinating.

After yesterdays post (which apparently no one read) everyone (or no one but me) knows I need to add the PayPal buttons to my website. This is going to take me all day, literally. So while I should be working on this task, I am having a hard time getting motivated. I am not looking forward to spending and entire day clicking through PayPal's merchant tools and adding HTML codes to every item on my site. URG!

Instead I am reading through all my favorite blogs. I missed a lot yesterday whilst buried in website hell. I really needed to catch up. While I love to read everyone's blogs, I end up wasting a lot of time here doing that. But I have decided that it's ok to waste time reading blogs, because...IT'S NOT LIKE THERE IS ANYTHING NEW ON T.V.!!!

Holy F'ng Shit. I am going to lose my mind if these Networks don't figure this shit out, and soon!
Remember the Good ol' Days... When a season of television started in the fall and didn't end until May? I am certain my memory hasn't faded so much that I forgot reruns in the season. It used to be that families would watch TV, NEW TV, during the cold months and reruns ran when it was warm. There was no incentive to run new shows while everyone was outside during the warm months.

Well, I must admit, I don't sit down to watch TV in the evening. I am usually goofing off with my family during the evening. I DVR all my favorite show. Then during the day when I have mundane tasks to do, I watch my shows. Quite often I will save up a weeks worth of shows and watch them all at once. I like to cut my patterns for the week while I watch TV. I don't generally sit on my ass and veg out in front of the tube. I like to multi-task. So if I have busy work that doesn't require my sewing machine, I do it while watching my shows.

In the past couple of years I have noticed a serious lack of New episodes. I can't be the only one who has noticed. All the networks do this crap... Play 2 consecutive new shows and then..."New in 2 weeks on blah blah blah". I am now starting to wonder how many New shows we get during a Season? I don't understand the smaller networks "seasons" either. They run 6 or 7 new episodes and then we have to wait 4 months for the "new season" to start??? What is that? Or how about the long breaks major network shows take? Heros took something like a 4 week break at the beginning of the winter. They had only run a few episodes at that point. What the hell?

Can anyone explain this madness to me? The logical person in me says they must have a good reason for doing this. But the 2 year old in me is throwing a tantrum screaming "where are my new episodes?"

3 comments:

  1. I am also getting very perturbed at the lack of new episodes of all of my shows. I DVR everything but there is nothing worse than coming home and having a free night to catch up (looking forward to it all day) and then BLAM nothing recorded. I hate all the stupid one and two week breaks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheap SOBs. I'm with you and besides fewer episodes, it seems like each episode moves so slowly, like Soaps. And the reality shows with all of the suspense. My least fave is the classic "To Be Continued" Makes me want to toss my TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 10 page research paper due on Wednesday....and have about half of the research done, and NONE of the paper done. Unless you count a blank Word doc saved on my computer as 'research paper'. I am sooo a procrastinator...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.