Monday, July 27, 2015

Long Ass Weekend

Monday morning and I feel like a post apocalyptic zombie. I really, really want to crawl back into my bed and sleep until noon. But alas, it's not in the cards for me today.

Friday night I went to HotRods. No, there were no intentions of getting back together. He'd had an unbelievably bad day, and needed a friend. We didn't talk about things. It wasn't about that. I listened to what he needed to say. And then I stayed with him until he fell asleep. I got back home around 2 am.

Saturday I had to work. Well, I didn't have to, but my brother offered me double time if I could go to the job and complete a crucial step. I was there by 8:30am, and stayed until it was done.  After that I spent 3 hours in the car picking Itty Bit up from her dad's house. Got home a little after 8. I was wiped.

Sunday Funday. Tried to catch up on some household chores. I gave Itty Bit her tasks, and she went straight to it. Told DQ what she was to do, and she sat around for hours. I kept reminding her, and she kept blowing me off. 
I laid down for a nap after lunch, and when I woke up my mom was here. Immediately DQ starts in on me, cuz she wants to go get ice cream with my Mom. I told her no. And when she asked why, I was nice enough to answer her. She hadn't done her laundry, which I told her to do on Thursday, and she hadn't cleaned the bathroom. Well that led to a screaming match, which I ultimately walked away from. My Mom said she didn't want to hear it and left.

I took Itty Bit and her little friend shopping. That was an adventure. One which ended in me telling Itty Bit, "From now on, you WILL keep track of what your spending as you put items in your basket."

Since Itty Bit was going to spend the night with her friend, I went and hung out with my friend. There may have been a bottle of wine involved. And a whole lot of laughing. And a trip to IHOP.  Was it stupid to stay out til 2 in the morning...AGAIN? Yes, but sometimes you just need some good company. No matter how you're going to feel the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.