Almost everyone I talk to says they miss being a kid. I can't say that I agree, although I assume they had a more pleasant childhood than I did. So that probably has something to do with the difference of opinion.
Top Ten reasons why being an adult is better than being a child.
10. Your opinion matters. And assuming you're not an idiot, the older you get, the more it matters.
9. You get to choose what you will have for dinner. If you want to have junk food and wine that's your right. No one is going to force you to eat chicken liver.
8. Your fears go from being unrealistic, and terrifying to realistic and manageable. Instead of worrying about when a vampire will bite you in your sleep, you worry about how much money you have in your bank account. You have far more control over the adult fears.
7. You can walk away from people without being grounded to your room for a week. When someone makes you angry, you can tell them to fuck off.
6. You have your own home. Whether you rent or own, it's yours, to do with as you please. No one is going to tell you, you can't make beer can art or set up drums in the living room.
5. You can drive. Giving you the freedom to go where ever you want.
4. You can wear whatever you want. And the older you get, the less you care about what other people think of you.
3. More disposable income. And what you choose to do with it is up to you. Which comes in handy for number 2.
1. Booze. When it all goes to shit, it's perfectly acceptable to say, fuck it and get tanked.