Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Calm Before The Storm

I'm feeling peaceful. I know it's only temporary, but I'll take what I can get. 

Had an awesome weekend. Drank way too much. Caught up with some old friends. Spent way too much time at my kitchen table with lots of coffee and good company.

Started the charity job at Jungle Golf. That took way longer than I thought. I'm going to have to re-evaluate my plan for the rest of the job.

Got my mom back from my sister in CA. Picked her up Sunday night. Granted her plane was 2 hours late. Meaning I didn't get to bed until 2 am. But she's home.

My house is just about spotless. Well, it helps when there is no one here to make a mess while I'm at work. It's also very quiet. Kind of creepy.

Yes, the calm before the storm.

Child protective services called me today. Regarding DQ. They all but said, they know I didn't beat her, but they have to come do a home visit and an interview. They want to talk to Itty Bit as well. I'm fine with all that. What's got my panties in a twist is, they are going to talk to my ex-husband too. And they are taking an SVU detective with them. He is going to lose his shit. I'm worried that he will try to retaliate. I got my side arm back from my best friend and I am carrying it full time now. Somehow this WILL be my fault. Wonder what else this kid can throw in the cogs of life. It feels a lot like, "If I'm going down, I'm taking mother fuckers with me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.