Tuesday, February 24, 2009

If it ain't one thing...

It's another. Yes I said "ain't". I am not an English teacher or making a grab at any literary awards. Remember... real life?

I feel like all I have to blog about, as of late, is bitches. You know, my bitching and moaning about what is not going right in our world. So I apologize for that. Not that I am going to stop, but I am just sayin'.

My brother, his wife, their 3 sons, 1 daugher and newborn baby came for a visit last week. They got here on Wed. And while I love my brother (and his wife more!) and I was really looking forward to their visit, it was EXHAUSTING! I was to tired to visit, as I felt like I was running a bed and breakfast for 10 people everyday. My SIL brought her sewing machine to be fixed, and my brother wanted a new tattoo. (Yes I am a tattoo artist too. Jack of all trades, cuz I am fabulous.) SIL also brought a pair of pants for repair, and a quilt kit she was hoping I could put together. I am really sorry I didn't get to the pants or the quilt. But the sewing machine is in top working order, and my Brother and his wife are both sporting new tattoos.

I had to pull out my super long quilting table to the kitchen, just so there was enough space for the kids to eat. Us grown ups ate in the living room. And oh man the groceries. I am not even going to go into that, except to say it was and extra $200 easy.

The baby (8 weeks old) was very fussy. As he had every right to be! New place, new smells, new people, different water, no crib... I felt so bad for him. He really felt the best when someone was holding him tight and cuddling. My brother kept saying "quit holding the baby, your going to spoil him." Urg... You can't spoil a newborn. At that age they don't cry just because, they cry because they NEED something. I pretty much ignored my brother on that note. Now I miss the baby!

In the middle of all this chaos, I discovered my business website no longer works. See I had this brilliant idea to organize all the files on my hard drive, get rid of all the duplicates and move it all over to the external drive. Well as it happens, when you move all the files around, websites don't know where to find them. And then the most outrageous thing happens, your website doesn't work. So now after all those people went home, I am trying to rebuild from scratch my business site. Have I ever mentioned this is not my favorite thing? I would love to pay someone else to do the web end of this business, but I just can't afford it. I should have some sort of half working site back up by the end of the week.

So now for the topper... The nurses office called here yesterday afternoon, saying "Tori is sick again, and to come get her." I swear she is gong to fail the 4th grade simply because she has missed so many days.

And here are the pictures from the last week...

Gabriel tells my husband all his woes.


All 7, count 'em 7, kids.

One of the new tattoos.

My Uncle Chris and brother Mike

Some of the kids goofing off.

My youngest daughter making the baby feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.