Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Friendly Advice

It's that time of year again. When we're consumed with Turkey day and holiday shopping.

Black Friday. You either love it or hate it. There is no in between. I used to love it. Keeping in mind that I'm up at 3am every morning after the time change. There was a comradery about black Friday shopping. All us crazy fools were in it together. 

But in recent years the corporate greed has made it anything but fun. It's now a cut throat time of year, with stores opening earlier and earlier. If a black Friday sale starts on Thursday, it's not black Friday. It's Greedy Thursday.

It's bad enough that these non-essential retailers have their employees working. They've also managed to convince the consumer to cut the time with their families in order to go spend money. They have played upon our fears of not getting the best deal or saving the most money. They are playing you for a fool.

I, for one, refuse to shop on Thursday. Hell no! Spending time with my family is FAR more important than spending money. 

I'd like to encourage you not to feed into the frenzy. It's only happening because we play into it. If we all decided 'they can go fuck themselves', instead of shopping on Thanksgiving, I'm sure it would shift back to Friday.

Do you hear me? It only works because we allow it to. Don't let greed dictate how you spend your time or your money.

Now, I want you all to enjoy the holiday season with the people who mean the most to you. I will be doing the same. 

Also, I will be moving, so the blog will take a back seat until we get settled. We'll catch up soon. Until then, Love Peace and Turkey Grease. Or ham drippings, whatever the case may be.

Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.