Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Neener Neener

Tiny bubbles...
Ok, so not so tiny, but bubbles all the same.


I've been painting. No shock. I thought I'd share. Also, no shock. 
Have I ever mentioned how much I love my job?  A client and her designer came up with the idea to paint bubbles on the walls of her pool house. What a cool concept! I loved every minute of it.

My favorite part was getting to blow raspberries at my brother and say, "nee'ner, nee'ner!"

When I was finishing up he came out and checked on me. He said he didn't think the open spaces that didn't have bubbles would pass inspection. I explained that I have a plan from the beginning and that the client had seen it as I was painting and liked it. I showed him how the bubbles could be coming in from the window and moving at an angle up and around the walls to meet in the middle of the opposite wall.  Still... he was sure the client was going to want some of the open spaces filled. I just stared at him, face off style, until he decided to get the client.

She loved what I had done. She could see the flow and movement of bubbles. She got it. She said it was perfect and to tell my boss to bite me.

Some of these bubbles are almost 9" wide. So not so tiny, but very cool. Very simple to do with an airbrush. Hand painting these would have taken me days. 

Also been working on a portrait of Joe Cool's daughter. She's such a photogenic child. It took me a while to get this one to a good place. I'm still working on her eyes, but I think I've made good progress. I've got about 10 hours worth of work in this one. 

I feel so lucky to be able to do this kind of thing. I don't know if I'd call it talent so much as persistence. Whatever it is, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.