Monday, October 26, 2015

I Love Weekends

What a fantastic weekend! Busy, but so great!

The weekend before Halloween, and I had the novel idea that we should carve some pumpkins. But as life goes these days, nothing is ever that simple.

It's been a beautiful week. This gave me the opportunity to redo the deck and porch system that was on the books. Trying to compact that into one day was going to be tough, so I enlisted the help of the teenager, Stretch. What? I pay ten bucks and hour. It's a win-win.

But Itty Bit had TWO birthday parties to go to. Both were sleep-overs. I nixed sleeping over at the friend who lives around the corner, and we opted for the one she rarely sees. So Friday afternoon she went to the first party. At 9, I drove her out to the other friends house so she could hang out there. 

Stretch and I got up early to go work on the deck. Mr. Security came to pick him up around lunch time, to drop him off at the skating rink. Then...Mr. Security went out to pick up Itty Bit from the sleep-over. Meaning... I didn't have to stop work and do it myself.

Their task for the afternoon was to find pumpkins and carving tools for that evening. They called a couple hours later, saying "Operation procure pumpkins was complete."

Mr. Security then went and retrieved Stretch from skating and we all met back at the house around dinner time. Time for some fun with the family.  

Good dinner, pumpkin guts, carving tools, laughter. It's the little things in life that make it worth living. Sharing time with people you care about. 

The weekend would have been a lot more hectic for me with out the help of Mr. Security. He did the running around so I could focus on working. In between all that he cleaned up the house, so we could focus on fun at the end of the day.

Sunday morning, we got up and made big breakfast. Hand cut, texas friend toast. Bacon and cheesy eggs. Yum.

In the afternoon we battled each other in pinball. Good natured shit talking and mock tantrums. Fun times.

The four of us spent almost the entire weekend together and it was fantastic. No fighting. Just fun-ing.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.