Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Inigo Montoya

The Boyfriend... I asked him, hypothetically, if someone were to have a blog AND if he could pick a nickname to be used on said blog, what would it be? His answer: Inigo Montoya. Yes, from Princess Bride.  I figured he'd say something like Superman (there's a story) or Freak (also a story) but no. He choose Inigo Montoya.  Sorry baby, it's cute, but that is not what I picture when talking about you. So, I will continue to ponder the nickname.

No man had ever been interested in reading anything I write. Even my ex-husband refused to help me out when I was writing my books. I can understand that. It's not a subject matter most men are interested in. The books were written with a specific audience in mind; Women. 

So imagine my surprise when, he who has yet to be named, asked to read them. I explained that they were fluffy girly books and he probably wouldn't like them. He didn't care. He wanted to read them anyway. Before we even met! Well that spoke volumes to me. He was interested in the way my mind works. I emailed him copies, and he stayed up 'til 1 in the morning reading. 

With that in mind, I guess it should come as no surprise that he brought up the subject of the blog. Sort of, as an aside. Like, so you write a blog, huh? I think I'd like to read it. 

I had to sit and ponder this request. NO ONE in my real life has ever read my blog. EVER! They don't even know I write one. There is a lot of private stuff in my blog. Real life stuff, that isn't pretty. He'd likely see things that would embarrass me. He'd likely read about things he'd rather not know, a-hem, Bam, a-hem. 

He is smart. That sounds like a generic description, but it couldn't be more true. He is book smart and street smart. As he says, "I know a little bit about a lot of stuff." If he wants to know how to do something, he sets out to learn it. Sometimes he makes me feel dumb. Not on purpose, mind you, but none the less. And I consider myself pretty smart. Why is his intelligence important? Because our relationship started in the brains. 

We talk A LOT. One of our things is open communication and honesty. It's also "Winner winner, chicken dinner", but I digress. 

I could have said 'No' about the blog. I suspect he would have been perfectly fine with that answer, too. It would have been the easy way for me. But... as honesty is part of our foundation, I agreed to let him read. Not before warning him that it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

It is with a humble sort of pride, that I welcome my newest reader. Remember, you asked for it. So don't get your panties in a twist. This is one of my outlets. It isn't neat and polite. It's real. But I know you can appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.