Thursday, February 4, 2010

Will You People Go Away Please

I... am not a complicated woman. I don't ask for much in life. But in order to maintain my sanity, I need a little peace and quiet, at least once in a while.

Itty Bit was sick last week. As in, she was sick Mon, Tues, Wed and Thursday. So she was home with me. Kirsten and Brian left on Tuesday. So Wed wasn't so bad. Just me and Itty Bit. Thursday, the kids had a half day. Which meant I had my 2 plus the extra 2 I watch when they have no school. Friday and Monday were scheduled teacher work days, so they would have no school. I was going crazy enough, just thinking about a house full of kids on those days...

But it started snowing early Sat. morning. And it kept snowing all day. Which was OK, because it was the weekend. And they were off Monday so no big deal. Sexy Papa couldn't make it to work on Monday, but he did try. Monday evening, the school system called with the automated "There will be no school tomorrow" message. OK, so they are out on Tuesday too. I understand, the roads were still sheets of ice.

It warmed up slightly, and started raining Tuesday afternoon. That was good, because it would melt the rest of what was on the ground, and things would get back to normal on Wed. I had hope, until the School called again to say there would be no school on Wed either. This, I just could not understand. By Tuesday evening, I was loosing my patience. Stuck in the house with bickering kids, 12 hours a day.

Yesterday was absolutely no fun. I felt horrible all day. I had a migraine and no Motrin. And.. I had 4 kids, who were wound to the core, bored and fighting. The novelty of "Snow Days" had long worn off. I spent the day trying to keep them from beating the crap out of each other. Someone said something like "I hope we don't have to go to school tomorrow" To which I answered, "If you guys don't go to school tomorrow, I may be forced to jump off of a bridge."

Around dinner time, the phone rang. It was the School System, again. The kids have been out of school for so long, that they called to tell us to send our kids to school Thursday. Oh thank to Gods above. After I hung up, I threatened anyone who dared to be sick, with bodily harm.

Well, it's 6am, Thursday morning. Time to get those girls up and ready for school. Then... for the rest of the day, I am not doing a damn thing. Yay for school!!!

1 comment:

  1. lol. mine are back in school today as well...and the winter storm is coming tonight that will keep them out into next week..lol...argh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.