Monday, January 4, 2016

Holiday Chaos DONE

We survived the holiday chaos. I was a little worried, but it turns out, I was over thinking it.

The normal level of crazy that flows through my house was exacerbated by the move. Did I cancel Christmas breakfast? No. I still had everyone over, and fumbled through keeping everyone fed and coffeed. 

And you know what? It was fantastic. No one cared that we still had boxes and crap laying around.  Because they realize, I'm only human. I'm the only one who is freaking out because it wasn't all done. 

It was loud. It was messy. Our house was stuffed full of family and friends. It was awesome!

And I won Christmas. Yes, I realize it's not about winning or losing. Especially in my family. But my compound miter saw and antique pachinko machine....They say I won Christmas.

We had an impromptu New Year's Eve party. It went a lot like:

New Year's Eve...Noonish
 
Mr. Security: Sweety, do you mind if I have a few people over tonight?
Me: (as I pop one eye open from a nap) Uh, no. Who are we talkin?
Mr. Security: So-in-so and maybe Whats-their-face and maybe my brothers.
Me: Seriously? (laughing) Are you trying to have a New Year's Eve party? I asked you a week ago if you wanted to plan something.
Mr. Security: Yeah, I'm a dork.
Me: Alright, lets do this thing.

So much fun. We played cards against humanity, which I'd never played but apparently I was good at because I won. We drank Waaaaay to much. I was hurtin' bad the next day. And I got to know some of Mr. Security's friends better and also his brother. Good people. So glad we did that. 

Well, you're all caught up now. Back to work for this girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comment here. I feel loved and adored. Sorry about the extra security, but I'm tired of getting emails from Anonymous users posting junk in my comments.